POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Process to create an image : Process to create an image Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:28:12 EDT (-0400)
  Process to create an image
From: CG
Date: 15 Aug 2004 13:40:00
Message: <web.411f9f82f4e9eb579c95de130@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I just discovered POV-Ray and I am impressed by the images that other users
have created using the software.  I downloaded it and had gone through the
first couple tutorials included in the Help file.  Is there an easier way
to create the scene?  For example, the tutorial selected T_Stone25 as the
texture for the box.  But how do I know what the T_Stone25 texture look
like?  There are other stone textures.  Is there a texture viewer?  If I
want to place a box somewhere on the scene, is there some kind of GUI that
would allow me to drag and drop the box on the scene?

It is hard to visualize where the objects are and what they look like.  What
is a typical work flow (or process) that an experienced POV-Ray user use to
create a scene?

Thanks.

CG.